Teletherapy or Online Therapy
Teletherapy offers you virtual counseling sessions on video in the privacy of your own home or from a private space in your office, or even when you’re traveling.
As it happens, I’ve been doing teletherapy for many years. It was a good solution for some of my patients when I relocated from New Jersey to the Washington DC Metropolitan area. With the current Covid-19 crisis, online therapy has been a welcome solution for so many people and even by most insurance companies who quickly adapted to this new reality.
Some of the reasons you might benefit from online counseling include:
- You have a dynamic work schedule that often takes you out of town and making a regular appointment time is challenging.
- Your schedule is tight given your work, family and social life and you would prefer to avoid spending time traveling to a therapist’s office.
- You work from home and it would be easier for your life not to come to the office.
- You have health issues that make it challenging or even preclude you from getting to a therapist’s office.
- Or you are caring for a loved one who cannot be left unattended at home while you travel to an appointment.
- Video counseling sessions take place on a HIPAA compliant platform.
- Like an in office session, the session is scheduled for a specific hour, you log onto the website and enter the virtual waiting room from where I get you.
- All paperwork and payment information is completed online.
- On occasion, we can meet in person in either Silver Spring or Bethesda, Maryland.
- In the first few sessions you have an opportunity to see if teletherapy is a good fit for you, and if you want to work with me.
- Insurance companies have in the past varied in their coverage of teletherapy but for now (during the Covid 19 pandemic) even Medicare will cover teletherapy. I am hopeful that this practice that allows often those that need it most will persist when life returns to “normal”. Either way, if for financial reasons you need to have your insurance cover your therapy, it would be wise to contact them to inquire re coverage.