I am a licensed psychologist with over 40 years of experience in the field and I am dedicated to helping my patients develop a deeper understanding of themselves, their relationships, and their strengths. I focus on helping people deal with life’s transitions–be it the need to adjust to a new interpersonal situation like a divorce, the death of a loved one, a relocation, or having to cope with a health problem. My practice is evidence-informed, and I tend to be pragmatic and problem-solving in my work with my patients.
If you are looking for a therapist, you may be helped by reading a primer which was given to me by the author. It covers the following issues related to therapy:
- Figuring out if you need therapy
- What type of therapy I’m talking about
- How to find therapists to interview
- Dealing with Insurance/No insurance
- Making the first call
- What to talk about in the first session
- How to pick a therapist
- How to deal with problems/challenges with your therapist
- Lots of suggestions about challenges that come up in therapy.